Sunday 21 June 2009

Diamanti and Tavano star for Amaranto

After helping Livorno to promotion, star players Alessandro Diamanti and Francesco Tavano have made clear their big ambitions.

Alessandro DiamantiPlaymaker Diamanti scored a goal and set another up for Tavano as the Amaranto beat Brescia 3-0 last night to clinch an immediate promotion back to Serie A via the play-offs.

"My goal was beautiful, but it would've not happened if it wasn't for all of my teammates," Diamanti told Sky Sport. "During the season we created a very solid and compact team.


"The joy of the fans makes me understand the true importance of this success - for us and for the whole city."

His performances in Serie B and his 16 goals this campaign have not gone unnoticed and several clubs in the top flight are said to be preparing offers for him.

"We know that Inter and Milan look for foreign players and not Italians, so I certainly won't find myself in one of those big clubs," the 26-year-old continued.

"I am in the hands of my President. I am very ambitious, I have already lost too much time and I want to do the best that I can.

"I hope I am able to do it at Livorno or elsewhere," he concluded.

Francesco TavanoWith a total of 26 goals in the Second division this term, captain Tavano was the key to the Tuscan outfit's return to the top flight.

"My goal? I give credit to Diamanti who gave me the perfect assist," the 30-year-old said. "He is always able to serve perfect balls.

"The promotion is for the fans. Playing in a full stadium, with an audience so warm can give you an extra charge. It's exciting."

[Livorno earn promotion] - [Play-offs] - [Aldo Spinelli] - [Gennaro Ruotolo] - [Players]

Source: C4 Football Italia

No comments:

Post a Comment