Sunday 17 May 2009

Quartet of Scudetti all very special for Zanetti

Inter captain Javier Zanetti has spoken of his pride to have led the club to a fourth straight Scudetto triumph.

Javier ZanettiThe Nerazzurri were confirmed as champions yesterday following AC Milan's 2-1 defeat at Udinese, and Jose Mourinho's side celebrated in style with a 3-0 win over Siena this evening.

"It's a very special victory because it's not easy at all to win four times in a row and do it deservedly," Zanetti commented on Sky Sport. "It's fantastic to see all the fans so happy."


Mourinho described Zanetti as one of the surprises of the season following the match at a packed San Siro.

"I'm very pleased, I have an excellent relationship with him and he has created a team that has showed it has the character to win," Zanetti said.

"I don't like giving myself marks, I'm very happy with my continuity and this is enough for me."

[Inter land Scudetto] - [Week 36] - [Inter reaction] - [Jose Mourinho] - [Massimo Moratti] - [Javier Zanetti] - [Zlatan Ibrahimovic] - [Esteban Cambiasso] - [Davide Santon] - [More Inter players]

Source: Inter

No comments:

Post a Comment