Saturday 16 May 2009

Inter celebrate Scudetto

Inter coach Jose Mourinho is annoyed after his preparations for Sunday's game against Siena were disrupted by celebrations with the news that they have been declared Serie A champions 24 hours earlier.

Jose MourinhoAC Milan's 2-1 defeat at Udinese at the Stadio Friuli tonight means that the Rossoneri can no longer catch their city rivals, and the Nerazzurri have now claimed a fourth consecutive Scudetto.

Club President Massimo Moratti, captain Javier Zanetti and the rest of the squad were preparing for Sunday's match at their pre-match retreat in the Appiano Gentile training complex.


"I am a bit angry, as in my view the team should've gone to bed," Mourinho reacted on Inter's official television station. "But they have decided to take the bus and go to Milan and I do understand that desire to celebrate."

Thousands of fans have gathered at the Piazza del Duomo in the centre of Milan to mark the fourth consecutive title.

"I do not yet feel as if I am a symbol of Inter, as there is a lot of work to be done for that," Mourinho added. "I'll see about doing it next year."

Massimo MorattiPresident Moratti, who is celebrating his 64th birthday today, could not have asked for a better present.

"Yes, it is true. This is the first time that I have been able to celebrate my birthday by winning the Scudetto," Moratti said.

"It was a gift from Udinese and Milan, and also from Juventus last week so I must thank them also. I didn't expect it; they've been really generous.

"We deservedly won this title, and in many ways we were never really challenged.

"You win with so many sacrifices, not only with commitment and quality, but the sacrifices these boys have done for many many months.

"Who do I dedicate this to? I dedicate this to my father. And also to the fans, who are always special, and as well to Mourinho."

Zanetti also briefly commented: "This title has a great value because it is our fourth consecutive league title and it is very important for us to be part of this great club. This Scudetto has a special feel; being part of the great history of this club has a great value."

Inter will celebrate the Scudetto when they host Siena at a full San Siro on Sunday evening.

[Inter land Scudetto] - [Week 36] - [Inter reaction] - [Jose Mourinho] - [Massimo Moratti] - [Javier Zanetti] - [Zlatan Ibrahimovic] - [Esteban Cambiasso] - [Davide Santon] - [More Inter players]

No comments:

Post a Comment