Sunday 17 May 2009

Players dedicate Scudetto to fans

Inter are continuing to celebrate a fourth consecutive Serie A title, and the club's 17th in its history.

Inter players celebrateThe Nerazzurri celebrated Jose Mourinho's first Italian league title with a 3-0 win over Siena at the San Siro thanks to Esteban Cambiasso, Mario Balotelli and Zlatan Ibrahimovic's goals and players have commented on the latest success.

"I think that this is one of the best moments of my life after the birth of my children and my wedding," said an emotional Julio Cesar.


The Brazilian goalkeeper, who was given a rapturous applause when he made way for Paolo Orlandoni in the final minutes, added: "Today I really felt inside myself that all the Interisti love me and this makes me want to improve every day. It's all wonderful, I thank everyone."

Portuguese winger Luis Figo announced his plans to retire at the end of the season and he couldn't hide the joy of claiming another Scudetto.

"It's a joy. It's nice when you win, when the fans are happy and support you by filling the stadium and following the team.

"I think I played at a high level today and it was a great satisfaction.

"I have waited to say what my plans for the future are because the team always comes first and it was important to keep the concentration high. I didn't want to create confusion."

A joyous Dejan Stankovic added: "I'm very happy. It has been hard, I have worked well, I have found balance and I have respected everything that Jose Mourinho asked of me.

"My dedication is for all the fans, the Moratti family and our families."

Ivan Cordoba has been one of the reasons why Inter have the best defence in Italy, and the Colombian kept the Siena strikers at bay as the Nerazzurri kept another clean sheet.

"We wanted to win the championship," said Cordoba. "Besides the Scudetto, for us defenders it's important to have a record of invincibility.

"It's great to celebrate here at the Stadio Meazza where we have put together a great series of important victories. We improve with each Scudetto because every team gets stronger. You need a true team to win and we were."

[Inter land Scudetto] - [Week 36] - [Inter reaction] - [Jose Mourinho] - [Massimo Moratti] - [Javier Zanetti] - [Zlatan Ibrahimovic] - [Esteban Cambiasso] - [Davide Santon] - [More Inter players]

Source: Inter

No comments:

Post a Comment