Sunday 17 May 2009

First of many for Santon

Davide Santon has been the revelation of Inter's fourth consecutive Scudetto season and the youngster hopes this is the start of many.

Davide SantonThe 18-year-old Italy Under-21 full-back made his senior team debut in a Coppa Italia tie against Roma in late January and hasn't looked back since, playing in key Serie A and Champions League matches.

"My great satisfaction was my debut, and then we won the Scudetto," said the player named by coach Jose Mourinho as 'Il Bambino'. "A fantastic party has started and I hope that this is the first of a long series of Scudetti.


"Mourinho has put his faith in me and I thank him for the opportunity.

"Recently I'm playing a bit less because (Cristian) Chivu has returned; I went back to the right wing and I had a few problems, but I will improve..."

[Inter land Scudetto] - [Week 36] - [Inter reaction] - [Jose Mourinho] - [Massimo Moratti] - [Javier Zanetti] - [Zlatan Ibrahimovic] - [Esteban Cambiasso] - [Davide Santon] - [More Inter players]

Source: Inter

No comments:

Post a Comment