Sunday 22 April 2007

Matrix: I'm the decider!

Marco Materazzi was the Scudetto winner with his brace against Siena, crowning an incredible year for the World Cup hero.

"I feel that I am a very lucky person, having been decisive in the World Cup Final and the match that gave Inter the title. For this I want to thank all of my family," said the defender.

He tapped in the opener and converted a penalty in the 2-1 win at the Stadio Franchi. That result, along with Roma’s defeat to Atalanta, gave the Nerazzurri an unassailable 16-point lead with five games left.

It is technically Inter’s second consecutive Scudetto, as the first was handed to them by the courts after the Calciopoli scandal.

"To win the title on the field was an immense joy. I want to dedicate this victory to everyone who stood by me in the tough times."
[Inter - Campione d'Italia]

Source: C4 Football Italia

No comments:

Post a Comment