Monday 23 April 2007

Cambiasso gives Inter thanks

Esteban Cambiasso says he’s delighted to have repaid Inter for their faith in his abilities by helping them win the title.

The Argentine has been a permanent fixture in the Nerazzurri line-up since his Bosman move from Real Madrid in 2004 and he’s been an unsung hero in this season’s title triumph.

"I'm very grateful for the confidence Inter have had in me since my first day here," Cambiasso said after the Nerazzurri made sure of the championship with a 2-1 win at Siena. "That factor has motivated me to give even more to the team. I'm very happy to be here in this moment.

"This is a victory for the people of Inter, to repay them for the suffering of many years. Today we can express their joy."

While Inter’s term has been one of the highest standards, the 27-year-old has admitted that he’s had to come through both mental and physical setbacks.

"I remember the week of the first day of the championship in Florence, with my two goals and then the injury that kept me sidelined for over three months," he added.

"I also recall that it was a terrible week, with the passing of our beloved President Giacinto Facchetti.

"I want to dedicate this title to Facchetti, who has left us, but who has always motivated us greatly since our first day at Inter."


[Inter - Campione d'Italia]

Source: C4 Football Italia

No comments:

Post a Comment