Monday 23 April 2007

Cesar hails his season

Scudetto winning goalkeeper Julio Cesar insists he’s delighted with how his season has gone between the Inter sticks.

There were some question marks over the Brazilian’s ability prior to the campaign, with rumours suggesting that Inter had failed in a bid to sign Gigi Buffon from Juventus.

However, the South American has ignored his critics to undoubtedly make a positive contribution to the Beneamata cause.

"I work each day to do well and be focused on the pitch," he stated. "This season I have succeeded in doing what the staff and the fans were expecting from me."

Although the Nerazzurri were awarded the Championship last season by default, the former Flamengo and Chievo No 1 sees this year’s triumph as the real deal.

"It's a very special feeling for me," added the shot-stopper. "It's my first League title and it's even nicer to win it in Italy!

"I would just like to dedicate this victory to my family," he concluded.


[Inter - Campione d'Italia]

Source: C4 Football Italia

No comments:

Post a Comment