Sunday 22 April 2007

Stankovic thanks 'believers'

Dejan Stankovic has invited all the supporters to San Siro for next Sunday evening’s match with Empoli.

"I want to thank all the fans who believed along with us that this could come true," smiled the Inter midfielder.

"Now I expect to see a great party at the Stadio Meazza against Empoli. We can all come together and celebrate this Scudetto."

The plan for the festivities had originally been on Wednesday, but the 3-1 defeat to Roma put a spanner in the works.

"I suffered a great deal with that result. Perhaps you could tell that my head was not in it, as I wanted to win so much that it clouded my judgment," confessed the former Lazio star.

"We were much more relaxed today and were able to perform up to our standards. This Scudetto is thoroughly deserved and we proved our strength all year through."
[Inter - Campione d'Italia]

Source: C4 Football Italia

No comments:

Post a Comment