Tuesday 5 August 2008

[Mercato] Manninger signs for Juve

Juventus have signed goalkeeper Alex Manninger for a fee in the region of €1m, just weeks after the Austrian international moved to their Serie A rivals Udinese.

The 31-year-old arrives in Turin on a four-year contract to provide cover for No1 Gianluigi Buffon.

"I am delighted to be here at Juventus, and I'm not just saying that," insisted Manninger.


"I have gained a lot of experience at smaller clubs, but I did play for Arsenal a while ago and since then I have always wanted to play for another big club."

The transfer ends the briefest of spells at Udinese for Manninger, who joined the Friulani from Salzburg last month.

He spent the last two seasons on loan at Tuscan minnows Siena.

Source: UEFA

No comments:

Post a Comment