Wednesday 2 July 2008

[Mercato] New Napoli trio aim for title

Napoli have presented their latest signings Christian Maggio, German Denis and Leandro Rinaudo to the fans today.

The club have made quite a splash on the transfer market by picking up the Sampdoria wide man, Argentine striker and Palermo defender respectively.

"I want to win the Scudetto with Napoli," said Denis, who was personally recommended by one of the current San Paolo stars Ezequiel Lavezzi.


"I know it will be difficult, but we can do it with this team. I spoke with Lavezzi and Navarro, who told me Naples is a lot like Argentina. There is so much passion and the fans are fantastic.

"I would like to wear the Number 19 shirt, as it has brought me luck. The objective is to do well and hopefully win the Scudetto."

It is Denis' second spell in Italy after an extremely brief move to Cesena in 2001. Nicknamed Tanque ('The Tank'), he scored 27 goals last season with Independiente and was signed for £6m.

Former Sampdoria winger Maggio has a more personal ambition to achieve during his time at Napoli.

"This is a very important club and it certainly wasn't hard to say yes," commented the man who scored a personal best nine goals last term, but missed out on a Euro 2008 call.

"I have a real desire to confirm my form and after conquering the Napoli jersey I hope to do the same with the Italy shirt.

"With Marcello Lippi in charge I should have a better chance of breaking into the side. I can play as a full-back or winger, I am completely at his disposal."

Rinaudo opted to leave his hometown club Palermo in order to begin this new adventure.

"This is a dream come true. The club proved it believed in me by investing a significant sum," said the £4m signing.

"I am at home, playing for the club where I grew up, but Napoli was too good an opportunity to miss," added the 25-year-old.

It's not over yet, as Napoli sporting director Pierpaolo Marino confirmed more signings are on the way this summer.

"In August we will add another striker to our ranks. The season tickets go on sale on July 9 and we have confirmed the same prices as last season."

A midfielder is also on his way, as reports suggest Tigre's Argentine Roman Martinez is on his way as soon as his application for a EU passport is accepted.

Source: C4 Football Italia

No comments:

Post a Comment