Wednesday 9 January 2008

[Mercato] Sissoko keen on Juve switch

Mohamed Sissoko is keen for Juventus to agree a deal with Liverpool as the midfielder 'wants a new challenge'.

Juventus coach Claudio Ranieri has admitted his admiration for Sissoko after working with the Malian at Valencia.

The 22-year-old has been a long-term target for Juventus and has grown frustrated due to his lack of first-team football this season.


He has started just six games in the English Premier League and admits he is willing to move to Serie A, if the two clubs reach an agreement.

"It isn't done yet, but my agent is in advanced discussions with the club," Sissoko told French radio station RMC. "I hope they will reach an agreement, but I'm very happy a club like that wants me to come.

"I want a new challenge. The last few months at Liverpool haven't gone as I would have wished.

"But that's football, and now I want to move on to a new stage of my life and flourish on the pitch."

Source: Sky Sports

No comments:

Post a Comment