Wednesday 9 January 2008

[Mercato] Van der Vaart's Juve dream

Rafael van der Vaart admits it would be a "dream" to play alongside Alessandro Del Piero as he waits on a move to Juventus.

The Dutch midfielder has rejected an extension to his Hamburg contract, which expires in 2010, and is expected to be sold at the end of the season.

He has been strongly linked with a switch to Juventus and would relish the opportunity to be in the same team as del Piero.


"He is a fantastic player," Van der Vaart told Gazzetta dello Sport. "He is my idol. Playing with him, for me, would be a dream."

Van der Vaart is confident his relationship with Hamburg has not been harmed by his decision to reject a new deal and he hopes the two clubs can reach agreement for a transfer.

The former Ajax captain added: "There is a strong desire from Juventus to sign me, even though there is nothing concrete.

"For me, it is a great honour to be considered a good player by an important club like Juve. At the moment, I can not say much more because I have not yet spoken with the Juve management.

"I do not know if the two clubs have already spoken, but I would like them to do so.

"I did not want to extend the contract at Hamburg even though the offer on the table is superb. The relationship with the German club's management remains excellent."

Source: Sporting Life

No comments:

Post a Comment