Wednesday 23 January 2008

[Mercato] Bianchi returns to Italy with Lazio

Lazio have signed striker Rolando Bianchi on loan from Manchester City for the rest of the season, with the option of a permanent deal at the end of the season.

Bianchi joined the Premier League side for £8.8m last summer after scoring 18 goals to help Reggina preserve their Serie A status last season.

The 24-year-old has struggled to adapt to life in England and has registered four goals in 19 league appearances, only seven of which have been from the start.


A product of Atalanta's youth system for whom he made his top flight debut in 2001, Bianchi then featured for Cagliari before joining Reggina in 2005.

Lazio are 14th in Serie A with 19 points from as many matches and are just two points clear of the drop zone.

Bianchi told the club's official website today: "I had a couple of other very interesting offers but I chose Lazio for my future and because I wanted to be valued in a very great team.

"It was a choice that I thought about and thought about again so now I am sure that it is the right one and the future will prove it.

"First I will have the opportunity to play and, moreover, I will be happy.

"I was pleased to meet the other Lazio players. I have the impression that they're a very united group, which is right when you want to build something solid for the present and the future."

Source: UEFA

No comments:

Post a Comment