Wednesday 23 May 2007

Pippo's greatest moment

Milan hero Pippo Inzaghi has called his Athens heroics "the greatest game of my career" as he sunk Liverpool single-handed.

"I am so happy. A few years ago I hoped to win two Champions Leagues as a protagonist, but didn’t entirely believe it. This has been an unforgettable night and a momentous occasion for all of us," said the man who also helped Milan to the 2003 edition.

"These goals cannot be like any other. I don’t forget the preliminary round goal either, as without the one I scored against Red Star Belgrade we would not have been here. One thing is for sure – this night will remain long in my memory as the best moment of my career."

He was in the stands in Istanbul and injury also hampered much of this season for the former Juventus striker, but he recovered at the right time to make a massive impact.

"I am an optimist and always believe. I love my work like crazy and had never scored in the Final before. Clearly this is the greatest match of my life. Also partly because of the way we started this season, it is a magic trophy.

"President Berlusconi called me and said I would score two goals. I kept that to myself, but he must be a psychic!

Inzaghi has now scored 38 Champions League goals and 58 in all European club competition. "I suffered an injury in January, but I played in Munich, against Manchester and here. We cut short our holidays and don’t forget we were on the pitch on August 9 for the preliminary round," added the World Cup winner.

"I will take a well-earned rest over the summer, as I didn’t have any real holiday this year. It will be a very enjoyable time!"


[Match Report]

Source: C4 Football Italia

No comments:

Post a Comment