Friday 20 August 2010

[Mercato] Juve seal Krasic transfer

Juventus have announced the signing of Serbia international Milos Krasic from CSKA Moscow after a protracted transfer saga.

The 26-year-old moves to the Serie A giants for a fee of €15million (£12.3m), and is set to fly to Turin to sign a five-year contract with the Old Lady.

Krasic, who was named Serbian footballer of the year in 2009, moved to CSKA in 2004 and won two Russian titles, four Russian Cups and a UEFA Cup during his time in Moscow.

A statement on the club's official website said: "Juventus have signed PFC CSKA midfielder Milos Krasic, who will travel to Turin to sign his personal contract within the next few days."

Krasic told TuttoSport: "I am the happiest man in the world. I have always believed in Juventus, even when everything seemed difficult, I was sure everything would be solved and I was right.

"The project of Juventus convinced me right away, I like very much the idea of being one of the players who have the responsibility of creating a new cycle and a winning group.

"This club has a history. I am happy to join it."

Krasic has been compared to former Czech Republic international Pavel Nedved, who spent eight years with Juve and became a club legend.

When asked if he liked the comparison, Krasic added: "Pavel is a great person and a football legend of world, not just of the history of Juventus.

"In short, even being compared to him fills me with pride. I am not yet equal to Nedved, but I'll work even harder to be able to follow his own steps."

Source: Sky Sports

No comments:

Post a Comment