Monday 5 July 2010

[Mercato] Ghezzal seals Bari switch

Algeria striker Abdelkader Ghezzal has sealed a switch from relegated Siena to Bari on a four-year deal.

The French-born 25-year-old had been at Siena since 2008, but has left after the Tuscan side were relegated from Serie A last term.

The striker has sealed a transfer despite not covering himself in glory during Algeria's recent FIFA World Cup campaign.


He received a needless red card as a substitute against Slovenia just 15 minutes after coming on in their opening defeat, while he then featured as a replacement against the USA, but could not find the net as his country crashed out bottom of Group C in South Africa.

But Ghezzal is now looking forward to the challenges ahead and hopes for another World Cup chance.

He said: "I am delighted to come to Bari, hopefully I will make a name for myself here.

"I was disappointed at the World Cup, but I am 25 years old and I might get another chance in four years' time."

Source: Sky Sports

No comments:

Post a Comment