Monday 19 July 2010

[Mercato] Coutinho thrilled by Inter move

Philippe Coutinho reckons it is a "dream" to have completed his move to Inter as the Brazilian starlet was finally unveiled by the Italian champions.

Coutinho played on loan at Vasco de Gama for the last two seasons having been on the Inter books since the summer of 2008.

However, the South American player could only complete his transfer to Inter upon turning 18.


"I am very happy to be here," said the attacking midfielder. "I hope to lift many trophies in the Nerazzurri colours and give a lot of satisfaction to the fans.

"To play with a top European club is the dream of any Brazilian player.

"When I found out two years ago that Inter wanted to sign me I was really happy.

"(Inter's Brazilian players) Julio Cesar, Lucio and Maicon are players that I have admired on TV and for me it is a dream come true to be able to work alongside them on the pitch."

Coutinho hopes to play an important role with the Nerazzurri and impress new coach Rafael Benitez.

"I hope to adapt quickly," he said. "I want to prove my worth here and have a starring role in Italian football.

"I want to show my quality at Inter first and then one day for the Brazil national team."

Source: Sporting Life

No comments:

Post a Comment