Sunday 18 July 2010

Diego underlines intent at Juve

Juventus midfielder Diego has underlined his intent to stay at the club despite transfer speculation.

The 25-year-old Brazil international has been linked with a move away from the Old Lady, with a return to Germany reportedly on the cards.

But the former Werder Bremen star insists he wants to remain at Juve, and has dismissed the rumours.


"I want to stay at Juventus," he told Sky Sport 24. "If I'm here it is because the club think the same.

"Before having holidays I spoke with (director general Beppe) Marotta and (coach Luigi) Del Neri.

"Rumours sometimes bother me, when untrue things are written. I choose Juve and they choose me."

Meanwhile, Juve captain Alessandro Del Piero is hoping his side will be able to produce a positive season.

He added: "We must be able to come back being the real Juventus.

"Before leaving I would like to win something. We have not a particular target. We don't talk about scudetto, Coppa Italia or Europa League.

"At the end of the season we must be proud of what we have done - this must be the best aim of our season."

On new coach Luigi Del Neri, Del Piero remarked. "He's really concentrating to make this season sparkling."

Source: Sky Sports

No comments:

Post a Comment