Tuesday 13 July 2010

[Mercato] Biabiany back at Inter's service

After spending the last three seasons out on loan, French Under-21 international Jonathan Biabiany is ready to make his Inter breakthrough – and the winger has the backing of new coach Rafael Benítez.

The attacker had been jointly owned by Inter and Parma since February but the Milan club have agreed a deal to again have his sole registration.

Biabiany joined the Nerazzurri aged 16 from Le Blanc-Mesnil in 2006 and the following January made his senior debut in a Coppa Italia tie against Empoli as a substitute for Luis Figo.


He spent 2007/08 on loan at Chievo, the following season at Modena and last term with Parma, scoring six goals in 29 Serie A appearances to earn an Inter recall.

"I gained experience and I improved physically and tactically while on loan," the 22-year-old said. "This is an important step in my career. I want to do well with Inter. I feel that I still have everything to prove here. I'm very happy to be back and I'm proud to train together with these champions and learn from them as much as possible."

Benitez, who has succeeded Jose Mourinho at last season's UEFA Champions League and Italian double winners, is impressed. "For me it's important to have players with pace and attacking mentality and Biabiany is definitely this kind of player," the former Liverpool coach said. "We can do a lot together and I'm sure he will be decisive in many games this season."

Source: UEFA

No comments:

Post a Comment