Monday 2 November 2009

[Mercato] Milan confirm Beckham return

AC Milan have confirmed that England star David Beckham will rejoin the Serie A club on a six-month loan deal in January.

David BeckhamThe midfielder is currently on the books of LA Galaxy, but he is set to return to Milan after spending time on loan at the San Siro last season.

Beckham has always been keen on a move back to Italy to improve his chances of earning a place in Fabio Capello's England squad for the 2010 FIFA World Cup finals in South Africa.


He said: "I need to give myself the best chance possible to make the World Cup squad and playing for Milan on loan will help me to do that.

"I genuinely enjoyed my time at Milan and I look forward to meeting the players and staff again.

"I'm committed to LA Galaxy and MLS in the long term and remain as passionate as ever about growing the game of soccer in America.

"I'm completely focused on ending this season on a high note with my club by winning the MLS Cup."

Milan vice-President Adriano Galliani told the club's official website: "We are very happy to see David Beckham again with the Rossoneri jersey after the splendid experience of last season.

"We are confident his loan spell will not only improve Milan, it will help the player to take part in the World Cup in South Africa and continue to enhance his career in North America with the LA Galaxy.

"We would like to thank the Galaxy and MLS for their co-operation and understanding."

Beckham played for Milan for six months from January 2009 and scored two goals in 18 matches.

The 34-year-old's first Serie A game this season could be the home game against Genoa after the Italian winter break on 6 January.

Source: Sky Sports

No comments:

Post a Comment