Friday 17 July 2009

Del Piero extends Juve contract

Juventus captain Alessandro Del Piero has extended his contract until 2011 and will end his career with La Vecchia Signora.

Alessandro Del Piero with John ElkannThe 34-year-old forward, who in April 2008 broke Gaetano Scirea's Juventus appearance record of 552 matches and has now passed 600 – scoring more than 260 goals – has added 12 months to his existing deal.

Del Piero joined the Bianconeri in 1993 from Padova and has won five Scudetti and the 1996 UEFA Champions League, as well as helping Italy to 2006 FIFA World Cup glory.


"We can now have two more wonderful years together," said Del Piero. "This contract is the best possible solution for both parties, it was never in doubt.

"I am really happy to stay and I want to keep writing the history of this club. I don't know if I will retire in 2011 – I will think about it in due course.

"I want to play for as long as I retain all the qualities I have now."

Source: UEFA

No comments:

Post a Comment