Wednesday 3 June 2009

Rossi to leave Lazio

Delio Rossi has announced he is quitting as coach of Lazio after four seasons in charge of the capital club.

Delio RossiThe 48-year-old led the Biancocelesti to their first trophy in five years this season, beating Sampdoria on penalties in the Coppa Italia final.

"Next year I will not be Lazio coach any more," Rossi announced. "Tonight I will meet with President (Claudio) Lotito and tell him of my decision.


"Tomorrow, most probably, I will call a press conference to announce my decision to the media."

Speculation has been rife that Rossi will switch jobs with Davide Ballardini, who revealed he wants to leave Palermo at the weekend.

However, the former Lecce and Atalanta coach insists he has no destination in mind.

"Before looking for any other club I want to sort out the situation with Lazio," Rossi added. "I am pleased with (Palermo President Maurizio) Zamparini's appreciation but it is still too early to talk about a future destination."

Walter Zenga, who recently left Catania, and Cagliari coach Massimiliano Allegri are also reportedly in contention for the Lazio hotseat.

Source: Sporting Life

No comments:

Post a Comment