AC Milan President Silvio Berlusconi insists no decision has yet been taken over the future of Carlo Ancelotti amid renewed rumours the coach will join Chelsea.
Ancelotti has been mooted as the favourite to be appointed as Chelsea's new manager when Guus Hiddink steps down from his temporary role and has also been linked as one of the contenders for the Real Madrid job.
Reports in Italy have claimed Ancelotti will be confirmed as the Blues' new boss at the end of the month and will keep Hiddink's assistant, former Milan player, Ray Wilkins by his side.
There have also been suggestions that Milan will part company with the long-serving coach following the club's failure to mount a serious challenge to Inter's Serie A title.
Berlusconi was critical of Ancelotti last week after claiming his tactics had ruined the Rossoneri's prospects of dethroning their city rivals.
However, the Milan supremo says nothing has been decided except that a young an emerging coach will be appointed if Ancelotti does leave.
"Ancelotti is one of the family," Berlusconi said. "We will find a solution for his and our good.
"If we have to part ways, and I repeat that for the moment there is nothing that has already been decided, we will take a young and emerging coach."
Former Milan striker Marco van Basten has been linked with the job after he quit as coach of Ajax earlier this month after just one season in charge of the Dutch Eredivisie giants.
Berlusconi hinted the Dutchman could be considered for the role, saying: "Marco is like a son to me and is a part of the history of Milan.
"Now, many young coaches have broad shoulders and are ready for a big club."
Van Basten, who scored 90 goals in 147 appearances for the Rossoneri between 1987 and 1993, was in Italy for a golf tournament on Sunday and reportedly held dinner with some friends, including Ancelotti's assistants Mauro Tassotti and Filippo Galli.
"Something was said about the possibility of him coaching Milan. But we mainly talked about his experience at Ajax," Galli was quoted as saying.
"From what he said, up to last night the club have not contacted him. I don't know what will happen with Ancelotti, it is difficult to say."
Milan's vice-President Adriano Galliani tried to calm the speculation saying: "Van Basten was only here to play golf."
Over the last couple of months media reports have said Milan director Leonardo, who is taking his coaching badges, Cagliari boss Massimiliano Allegri and former Barcelona coach and Milan player Frank Rijkaard are also in the running for the San Siro job should Ancelotti leave.
Source: Sporting Life