AC Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi insists no decision has yet been taken over Carlo Ancelotti's future.
Ancelotti, who is under contract at the San Siro for a further year, has been strongly linked with a move to Chelsea this summer.
The Rossoneri had been expected to make an announcement today about who would be at the helm next season, but Sunday's 3-2 defeat to Roma forced the club to postpone the announcement for a further week.
And Berlusconi claims the decision has not yet been made. "Milan has not yet made a coaching choice," he said.
"We have decided alongside Ancelotti, who is a serious individual and part of the family, that at the end of the campaign we will sit down and take a decision together."
Ancelotti has given mixed signals over his future as he continues to be linked with Chelsea.
The 49-year-old Italian, who is the longest-serving manager in Italy having joined the Rossoneri from Juventus in 2001, refused to rule out the possibility of taking the reins at the English Premier League club, despite reaffirming his commitment to the Serie A giants.
Ancelotti, speaking before the Roma game, said: "It's 100% certain I will still be at Milan next year."
Should Milan opt to replace Ancelotti, candidates would include former Milan players Leonardo, Marco van Basten and Frank Rijkaard.
Milan travel to Florence next weekend to meet Fiorentina on the final day of the campaign with automatic UEFA Champions League qualification at stake.
The third-placed Rossoneri are level on 71 points with second-placed Juventus - who have secured a top three spot with their superior head-to-head record - while Fiorentina are three points behind them in the standings.
Milan need to avoid a defeat by a two-goal margin against La Viola.
Source: Sporting Life