Saturday 16 May 2009

Guidolin's great satisfaction

Parma coach Francesco Guidolin says he feels great satisfaction after guiding the side back into Serie A at the first attempt.

Francesco GuidolinThe Gialloblu, who were relegated for the first time in 18 years last season, recorded a 2-2 draw at Cittadella this afternoon to join Serie B leaders Bari in the top-flight next term.

"I am very happy for this promotion because it was not easy," Guidolin told Sky Sport. "But the players have been excellent all season and I am truly happy for them."


Parma's return to Serie A is a third promotion Guidolin has achieved in his career so far. He led Vicenza from the second division for the first time in 16 years in 1995, then took Palermo up in 2004.

"I held up three fingers at the final whistle to represent my third promotion in three attempts.

"This third promotion is a great satisfaction for myself and for my family, for the club and for the city.

"The mission is now accomplished. It has been a long ride, a long chase, but we were good.

"I thank all my players and my staff and the club who gave me this chance. I am very happy for all of us and very proud."

The former Palermo coach said that planning for next season will follow soon.

"Now we will celebrate, then the moment will come when we will have to sit around a table and build a competitive squad for next season.

"I am very happy to be working at Parma and I hope to work for a long time," he added.

Parma will be in celebration mood when they play Vicenza in their final home game of the season next Saturday.

[Parma bounce back] - [Week 40] - [Francesco Guidolin] - [Thommaso Ghirardi] - [Stefano Morrone]

Source: Parma

No comments:

Post a Comment