Wednesday 14 January 2009

Maradona links stars with Inter

Diego Maradona has told Inter President Massimo Moratti he made a wise choice by appointing "the best" coach in Jose Mourinho and has tipped them on who to buy.

Diego Maradona & Jose Mourinho (inter.it)During a visit to their training ground, Maradona, himself now experiencing coaching as the boss of Argentina, revealed his admiration for the set-up at Inter, where Mourinho took over last summer from the triple Scudetto winner Roberto Mancini.

"Moratti is a fine man and has led Inter to top," he told Inter Channel. "Then this summer he hired Mourinho, the coach who without doubt I would have taken if I had been owner.


"It was the best possible appointment and I told Moratti when I had the chance.

"Jose has everything - he can speak to the players, the press, the dressing room. For me, he is the best."

Maradona, who attained legendary status during his time at Napoli, watched Inter beat Genoa at the San Siro on Tuesday night and earlier surprisingly urged Atletico Madrid star Sergio Aguero and Manchester United's Carlos Tevez to join the Nerazzurri.

"What advice would I give Sergio? I would say he should go to Inter," Maradona told the Corriere dello Sport about his son-in-law to be. "I am already imagining the partnership he would make with Zlatan Ibrahimovic."

Inter have also been linked with Tevez, who is still to secure a permanent transfer at Manchester United.

"I saw the Manchester United game against Chelsea and they won without Tevez," Maradona said. "It's not a good situation for him. Italy and Inter in particular would be a good place for him too."

Source: Sporting Life

No comments:

Post a Comment