Monday 15 December 2008

Vucinic explains "strip" celebration

Roma forward Mirko Vucinic has explained his bizarre stripping celebration after netting the winner against Cagliari on Sunday afternoon.

Mirko VucinicBy his own admission Vucinic had been having a poor game and was jeered by some sections of the fans at the Stadio Olimpico.

But the Montenegrin international popped up to score the crucial fifth goal of the game in the 90th minute and celebrated by removing one of his two shirts and shorts, and ran towards the fans in his underwear.


"Why did I remove everything, including my shorts? Because I was having a bad game - I felt almost sick with joy when I scored and I will remember it forever," Vucinic told Sky Sport.

"It wasn't easy this evening and I spurned four or five decent chances, so I was so happy to have decided the game.

"I was tired after four days out. My knee hadn't allowed me to train, but that's no excuse. I deserved to be booed and even my brother was probably heckling me."

Vucinic received a booking for his celebration and claims he didn't expect the card.

"I told the referee that I had another shirt on so he shouldn't book me for taking it off, but he told me that the yellow card was for taking my shorts off, which annoyed me," he concluded.

Source: C4 Football Italia

No comments:

Post a Comment