Tuesday 30 September 2008

Prandelli disappointed by Viola fans' boos

Fiorentina coach Cesare Prandelli was hugely disappointed by the boos that rained down on his players from fans after their goalless draw against Steaua Bucharest in the Champions League.

FiorentinaThe failure to score frustrated the 25,000 fans that turned up at the Stadio Artemio Franchi hoping to see the Viola clinch their first win in the group stages.

When asked about the fans' reaction after the game, Prandelli said: "I don't think it's right. We respect everyone.


"In the past three years we have done so much, I think my team only deserves to be applauded.

"It has been seven years since we last played in the Champmions League and for us, this is an extraordinary competition and we should take it as it is."

Fiorentina forward Adrian Mutu was disappointed not to have made the most of his opportunities.

The Romanian international has struggled in front of goal this campaign.

"I've had chances to score but I have been unlucky," he said. "It's a difficult time for me because I am hitting the post or goalkeepers save my efforts on goal. But I am calm, I know that sooner or later the goal will come."

Fiorentina travel to the Allianz Arena to meet Bayern Munich on October 21.

The Viola are now level on two points with French champions Lyon, who drew 1-1 away at Group F leaders Bayern Munich.

The Germans have four points and the Romanian side just one.

Source: Sporting Life

No comments:

Post a Comment