Sunday 10 February 2008

Paloschi - A new Rossoneri star?

A star is born, as AC Milan youngster Alberto Paloschi scored the winner against Siena with his first Serie A touch!

"I had a bit of luck, too. I really didn’t expect to score on my debut and I still feel goosebumps now," said the young striker after the 1-0 victory.

Paloschi only turned 18 years of age on January 4, but had already made his mark for the Rossoneri, scoring two goals in as many Coppa Italia appearances this season.

"I have had the opportunity to play at San Siro in the Coppa Italia, but there were only 5,000 spectators.


"Today the stadium was packed and it really is another atmosphere entirely. I am happy to have scored today and hope to net many more.

"I dedicate this goal to my family. Up until now they have made many sacrifices to take me from my hometown of Bergamo to Milan and I owe it all to them."

With Alexandre Pato also scoring on his Serie A debut, it seems Milan can push back talk of an ageing squad with no new faces ready to step in.

"I have Ronaldo, Pippo Inzaghi, Pato and Alberto Gilardino ahead of me. I can only learn from these great champions," continued Paloschi.

"Inzaghi is my idol and after the goal he gave me compliments."

Carlo Ancelotti’s choice of substitute was indeed inspired, as within 15 seconds Paloschi had scored the winner against Siena that takes them within two points of Fiorentina in fourth place.

Source: C4 Football Italia

No comments:

Post a Comment