Saturday 5 January 2008

[Mercato] Van der Vaart close to Juve

Rafael van der Vaart has confirmed he will not be extending his contract with Hamburg.

The German side are keen to prolong Van der Vaart's present deal beyond 2010, and have offered the Dutch international a two-year extension.

But Van der Vaart has turned down the club's lucrative offer; although he insists it will not necessarily signal his immediate departure.


"I'm not signing, I'm not prolonging (my contract)," Van der Vaart told Bild newspaper.

"I have two-and-a-half years left on my Hamburg contract. That is long enough. At the same time, it does not mean I am already gone.

"But my dream of playing in a very big club is great and if I tie myself to Hamburg until 2012 it would be too long for me."

Juventus have admitted an interest in the former Ajax star, and Van der Vaart would be tempted by a move to Turin.

He added: "There isn't an official offer. I've heard that Juve are interested and I can imagine myself playing there."

Source: Sky Sports

No comments:

Post a Comment