Thursday 3 January 2008

[Mercato] Lazio see Carrizo conclusion

Lazio’s lawyer Gianmichele Gentile is adamant that Argentine goalkeeper Juan Pablo Carrizo’s long awaited transfer will be completed this month.

The Biancocelesti agreed a £5m deal with River Plate in the summer as they looked to replace the retired Angelo Peruzzi.

However, complications over Carrizo’s bid for Italian citizenship caused the move to stall and the capital club have had to make do with much maligned veteran Marco Ballotta.


It had been feared that the deal may fall through, but there is renewed optimism at the Stadio Olimpico.

"I can state with certainty that Carrizo is a Lazio player and that he will arrive at the end of the month as an EU player, rather than in June as a foreigner," Gentile declared.

"I’m optimistic, but we will have to wait until January 15 for the definite reply. There are only very small problems to be ironed out to do with the city of origin of his great grandfather."

The 23-year-old goalkeeper is keen to move to Europe as quickly as possible, but seems less confident that he will wear the Lazio shirt this season.

"I could move in January, but my agent is still working on it," he told Cronaca. "Maybe I will need to go out on loan to a Spanish side. That’s the plan if the problems with my documents aren’t resolved.

"Whatever happens, I need a new club. I haven’t fallen out with River Plate’s fans but I need to take advantage of my opportunities."

Source: C4 Football Italia

No comments:

Post a Comment