Friday 4 January 2008

[Mercato] Cacia begins Fiorentina adventure

Fiorentina's new recruit Daniele Cacia has met up with his new teammates and isn’t afraid of the competition for places.

The former Italy Under-17 and Under-19 striker agreed a deal to move from Serie B outfit Piacenza in the summer and is now able to make the switch.

Cacia has a prolific record for the Papaveri in the Cadetti with 32 goals in 65 games and is relishing the chance to shine on the big stage.


"I want to thank everyone for the welcome they have given me," he beamed at the Gigliati’s camp in Marbella.

"Everyone has been fantastic. I arrive in Florence with great respect for my teammates and a feeling of humility."

The new boy will have to compete with Giampaolo Pazzini, Adrian Mutu and Christian Vieri for a place in the side, but he is ready to be patient.

"I’m here to learn," he explained. "Of course there are some great players ahead of me in the pecking order, but I will wait for my chance and try and take full advantage of it. I think that eventually I can be a lead striker."

Source: C4 Football Italia

No comments:

Post a Comment