Sunday 22 April 2007

Ibra: Victory is a friend of mine

Zlatan Ibrahimovic insists he is a "lucky charm" and brought a winning mentality to Inter.

"I won with Ajax, with Juventus and now Inter," said the Swedish hitman. "As I said when I got here – where I go, I win."

He has certainly been one of the best buys of the summer, as Ibrahimovic – who had been close to joining rivals Milan – is the Nerazzurri’s top scorer this term on 15 Serie A goals.

"My mentality is a winning one. I am simply not happy when I lose, whatever the circumstances."

Ibra was part of Fabio Capello’s Juve side that won back to back titles in 2004-05 and 2005-06, but both were stripped from his record by the Calciopoli scandal.

"We have worked hard and the results showed that. It was a great year for me and Inter – probably the best campaign of my career.

"We only failed to live up to expectations in the Champions League, but we must win one trophy at a time. It’s always great to celebrate a victory, especially at a side like Inter."


[Inter - Campione d'Italia]

Source: C4 Football Italia

No comments:

Post a Comment