Monday 9 August 2010

Inter's Argentine duo pen extensions

Inter have been boosted by the news that Diego Milito and Javier Zanetti have signed contract extensions with the European champions.

The Argentine duo were key members of Jose Mourinho's squad last season and are expected to feature heavily this time around under new coach Rafael Benitez.

Milito, who scored the winning goals in both the UEFA Champions League and Coppa Italia finals as well as in Inter's decisive, final Serie A game of the season, added 12 months to his deal which will now run until June 2014.

Club captain Zanetti, 36, added two years to his contract, which was due to run out at the end of the coming season.

"I'm delighted and very proud," Zanetti, who will be 39 when his contract runs out, told the club's official website.

"My thanks go out to my family, the Moratti family (of Inter President Massimo Moratti) and everyone at Inter and to our fans who have always supported me and always will."

Milito, 31, who only joined the Nerazzurri a year ago from Genoa, was the club's top scorer last season.

"I must always thank a great club for having chosen me and the President Moratti for the faith he's shown in me," he added.

Source: Sky Sports

No comments:

Post a Comment