Wednesday 21 July 2010

Jovetic staying put

Fiorentina striker Stevan Jovetic has played down speculation linking him with a move to Barcelona.

The 20-year-old hot-shot has been linked with a move to the Camp Nou, while German outfit Wolfsburg are also thought to be interested.

But the striker, who scored six goals in 29 league appearances for the Viola last season, believes he will get more opportunities at his current club and wants to stay put to continue his football education.


Jovetic told La Gazzetta dello Sport: "My agent and I have heard and read about Barcelona's interest.

"Barca is the top club in the world but it is a team that has already been built.

"Moreover, they signed (former Valencia striker David) Villa this summer.

"It would be difficult to have playing time there and I want to play. At Fiorentina I can play and I can improve my game."

Jovetic joined Fiorentina from Partizan Belgrade in the summer of 2008 and is under contract with the Florence outfit until June 2013.

Source: Sporting Life

No comments:

Post a Comment