Tuesday 18 May 2010

Mourinho has given everything to Inter

Jose Mourinho has dismissed suggestions he has already agreed to coach Spanish giants Real Madrid but insisting he has "given everything possible" for Inter.

Jose MourinhoMourinho again claimed he cares deeply for the fans of Inter and also appreciates everything the club has done for him in his two years at the San Siro.

But the millions of euros he earns and all of the titles he has won cannot take away the resentment he feels towards some in Italy who have, according to the Portuguese coach, shown him a lack of respect.


For that reason, Mourinho admits he could end up walking away from the Nerazzurri, even if he engineers a famous win over Bayern Munich in the UEFA Champions League final at Real's Santiago Bernabeu home this weekend.

"It's not a problem of contract or money and that makes me slightly embarrassed because of what I earn considering the (world economic) crisis there is," said Mourinho.

"It's a problem of personal satisfaction, to feel respected or not in a football nation where I have had so many problems."

Mourinho has been linked with Madrid - a club that has played second fiddle to Barcelona in recent times.

Many believe Mourinho to be on his way to the Bernabeu, where he was praised after leading Inter past Barca in the Champions League semi-finals.

"It's not true that I'm the Real coach," Mourinho said. "After the final, I want to think about my future.

"Obviously, Inter cannot do anything more to make me feel happy and feel important. The players are fantastic, so are the fans and everyone at the club.

"The result of Saturday's game means nothing. It will not change the fact that I have given everything possible."

Mourinho, who won the Supercoppa Italiana and Serie A title in his first year at San Siro and is on course for an unprecedented Italian treble with the league and Coppa Italia trophies already secured this term, stressed at a press conference today that he has a good relationship with his employers.

"Inter doesn't owe me anything and I owe nothing to Inter, because I've given everything," he said.

He believes the club will make sure the right man is in charge if he does choose to depart.

In true Mourinho style, he said: "My successor? The club chose me and chose well."

Inter will travel to the Spanish capital on Friday, when Mourinho will hold his pre-match press conference.

Source: Sporting Life

No comments:

Post a Comment