Saturday 22 May 2010

Mourinho expects Inter exit

Jose Mourinho has admitted that winning the UEFA Champions League with Inter is likely to be his final act with the club.

Jose MourinhoDiego Milito's superb brace helped Inter overcome Bayern Munich 2-0 at Real Madrid's Santiago Bernabeu, where Mourinho is widely expected to take charge in the coming weeks.

The former Porto and Chelsea boss became only the third coach in the history of the European Cup to lift the trophy with two different teams, ending Inter's 45-year wait in the competition and securing an unprecedented Italian treble in the process after their Serie A and Coppa Italia success.


The colourful Portuguese tactician, who has made no secret of his dislike of certain aspects of life in Italy, spent several minutes waving to the Nerazzurri supporters as his players celebrated with the trophy before departing in to the bowels of the stadium.

And while Mourinho stopped short of confirming his time with Inter was over, it appears he will follow Champions League glory with a swift departure, just as he did with Porto in 2004.

Mourinho told Rai: "I want to be the only coach that wins the Champions League with three different sides.

"It is more likely I'll leave rather than I'll stay.

"I've been really happy at Inter, not so much in Italian football for the way in which I've been treated.

"I'll love Inter forever. I have big motivations with the risk (I am taking). This is the thing that makes me a different coach, with ambitions.

"Should I leave, I leave Italian football. But I thank it for what it did for me, because I'm better than when I arrived.

"But I want a different challenge. I've thought about it for two or three months. Now I want a few days to think more."

But Mourinho was quick to point out that no deal has been agreed with Real, who still have Manuel Pellegrini at the helm.

He added on Sky Sport: "Now I'm really close to choosing a new professional way. Real Madrid? For the moment I have not spoken with any of them.

"At Inter they have had me a lot. We won everything and there is no more to do.

"For the moment I've not met anyone, I have not signed any deal, but now I'll see."

Source: Sky Sports

No comments:

Post a Comment