Monday 3 May 2010

Moratti unfazed by Roma fury

Inter President Massimo Moratti has shrugged off the controversy surrounding Sunday night's win at the Stadio Olimpico as purely an issue between Roma and Lazio.

Roma were furious at the manner of their city rivals' 2-0 defeat, which allowed Inter to re-establish their two-point lead at the top of Serie A.

"I think that the controversy is a problem between Roma and Lazio. It has nothing to do with us," Moratti told reporters.


Some Lazio fans reportedly chanted at their own players "If you win, we'll beat you up" and a section of Lazio fans held up banners and cheered both of Inter's goals as they damaged Roma's title chances, a situation which left Giallorossi President Rosella Sensi and director Gian Paolo Montali fuming.

But Moratti insisted the Biancoceleste players were not similarly sympathetic to Inter's cause, and that he never felt the result was beyond doubt.

"I have to admit that I suffered until the end of the match," he said. "I might be particularly apprehensive, but I repeat, I suffered until the end.

"It was the Lazio fans who were on our side, and this is a very strange thing."

On the specific suggestion from Sensi that she would be "ashamed" to win in such a fashion, Moratti said: "I respect her sensitivity and I prefer not to respond."

Source: Sporting Life

No comments:

Post a Comment