Wednesday 26 May 2010

Di Carlo swaps Chievo for Samp

Sampdoria have appointed Domenico Di Carlo as their new coach to take the place of Luigi Del Neri.

Domenico Di CarloSamp were forced to enter the managerial market after losing Del Neri to rivals Juventus despite gaining a UEFA Champions League play-off berth for next season.

Di Carlo, who has previously coached Mantova and Parma, has penned a two-year contract at the Stadio Luigi Ferraris.


"The offer from Sampdoria was one I couldn't refuse," the new coach told the club's official website.

"I know I have a lot to do to match the work of Del Neri, but I am not fazed by the challenge.

"I wanted to stay at Chievo but when someone offers you the chance to compete in the Champions League, you can't say no.

"I thank Chievo for everything they did for me."

Source: UEFA

No comments:

Post a Comment