Inter coach Jose Mourinho has sparked speculation about his future in Italian football after insisting: "I don't like it and they don't like me."
Mourinho has had a tempestuous relationship in Italy with the authorities, officials, opposition, and the media since taking the Inter job in 2008, receiving several fines and bans for his actions.
"I am very happy at Inter, I'm not happy in Italian football," Mourinho told Britain's Sky Sports.
The 47-year-old, who left Chelsea in 2007, has made no secret of his desire to return to the English game in the future, and also one day to win the league championship in Spain.
"I decided not to speak about Serie A because if I speak, and you know the way I speak; I always speak with my heart, I always speak in a very honest way," added Mourinho. "If I do it about the Serie A, I will be suspended and I don't want to be suspended again."
His comments came on the eve of his side's UEFA Champions League quarter-final first leg against CSKA Moscow at San Siro.
Mourinho's Inter knocked out his former club Chelsea in the last round of the Champions League and are currently top of Serie A.
But the Nerazzurri have have seen a healthy lead whittled down to just one point by Roma, to whom they lost 2-1 on Saturday, and three points by AC Milan.
Mourinho received a £16,000 fine last month for claiming "everything was done for us not to win" following a 2-0 defeat of city rivals Milan, a game in which Inter had two players sent off.
He also said the game had left a "strange taste" in his mouth, adding: "I've realised they won't let us wrap up the championship early".
He subsequently received a three-game touchline ban and was fined £35,000 for "insulting officials" during a game against Sampdoria.
Mourinho also made a 'handcuffs' gesture after seeing Walter Samuel sent off and Ivan Cordoba booked during the 0-0 draw, with the gesture interpreted as him suggesting his side were being victimised by referees.
Reports in Italy suggested referees were prepared to go on strike if Mourinho was not given a severe punishment.
Also in February, Mourinho paid a £11,500 fine to settle a disciplinary case over an altercation with a journalist last December.
Earlier in the day, Mourinho spoke to the press for the first time since the last round of the Champions League.
He has boycotted the Italian media for the last six league matches, since the fallout of the Sampdoria match.
It was the fourth time he had received a touchline ban since arriving in Italy but Mourinho explained his silence was merely to allow him to do his job.
"My press silence is doing me good because it allows me to sit on the bench and that's important for me," he explained.
"I've always said that a coach does not win a match from the bench but it allows him to stay close to his players and that's where I want to be.
"Not speaking about Italy or the Italian league allows me to sit on the bench, and no I don't want to risk that," he said in answer to a question about whether or not he would end his boycott.
Mourinho has been linked with a return to the English Premier League, where he won the title twice with Chelsea, with Manchester City and Liverpool both touted as possible destinations, while Spanish giants Real Madrid have also been linked with the Portuguese.
Source: BBC Sport