Monday 1 February 2010

[Mercato] Rudolf to join Genoa

Hungarian outfit Debrecen have confirmed that Gergely Rudolf has agreed to join Genoa at the end of the season.

It was reported that the Hungary forward, who impressed for his club in the UEFA Champions League this season, was a target of Ajax but was unable to agree a deal with the Dutch giants.

Rudolf, 24, has therefore signed a pre-contract with Genoa under the terms of the Bosman rule and will move to Italy in July after resisting the temptation to move for a salary increase in the winter.


He told Debrecen's official website: "I'm happy to finish this season with Debrecen. I want to score many goals and help the team to win the Hungarian First Division."

He added: "I wanted to make the best decision for myself and for Debrecen so I decided to give up regarding my salary in 2010."

Source: Sky Sports

No comments:

Post a Comment