Sunday 5 July 2009

Totti close to new deal

Roma captain Francesco Totti has revealed he is poised to sign a new long-term deal with the club.

Francesco TottiTotti, who has spent his whole career at Roma, is ready to ink a five-year deal to keep him in the Eternal City until 2014.

The 32-year-old Giallorossi icon is ready to end speculation over his future by tying himself to the club for the rest of his career.


"I'm renewing for another four seasons," Totti told the Italian press. "There was still a year remaining on the old contract, I will sign until 2014.

"I'm signing when we return to Rome, before the Europa League. Between me and Luciano Spalletti there is a relationship which goes above that of coach and player.

"I always said that I want to finish my career here at Roma with him on the bench. Of course he received offers on which he had to reflect, but at the end he made the choice he believed to be the best."

Totti also revealed he is open to the idea of coming out of international retirement with Italy.

The classy playmaker, who quit the international scene after the 2006 World Cup, admitted he plans to hold talks with Italy coach Marcello Lippi about a possible return to the Azzurri fold.

"I will talk with coach Marcello Lippi and together we will consider my return to the national team," added Totti.

"We'll see how I am during the year, both physically and psychologically."

Source: Sky Sports

No comments:

Post a Comment