Tuesday 21 July 2009

[Mercato] Castillo captured by Fiorentina

Fiorentina have signed Argentinian striker Jose Ignacio Castillo from relegated Lecce for a reported €1m fee.

Jose Ignacio CastilloCastillo, 34, has agreed a two-year deal and is likely to be used as a deputy for Alberto Gilardino and Adrian Mutu by coach Cesare Prandelli.

Brought to Italy in 2001 by Brindisi, he played for Nuova Nardo, Vigor Lamezia, Gallipoli and Frosinone before joining Pisa where he scored 21 goals in the 2007-08 Serie B campaign.


Pisa lost their promotion play-off to Lecce, the club Castillo promptly signed for and where he managed seven goals in his debut Serie A season.

"This is a unique chance for me," Castillo said. "My role is clear and I'll try to be ready when the coach calls.

"I have scored against Fiorentina at the Artemio Franchi and it was an important goal, but at the moment I have no defined targets. I'll try to make the most of the minutes I'll play to score as many goals as possible."

Meanwhile, Fiorentina have extended the contract of 27-year-old left-back Manuel Pasqual by two years until June 2012.

Pasqual, capped twice by Italy, joined the Viola in 2005 from Arezzo and has made more than 100 appearances.

Source: UEFA

No comments:

Post a Comment