Monday 8 June 2009

Rossi officially breaks up with Lazio

Delio Rossi has left Lazio after four years in charge, despite guiding the Biancoceleste to the Coppa Italia this season.

Delio RossiRossi enjoyed his finest hour with the capital club in 2007 when he guided the team to a UEFA Champions League spot. However, last season they only finished in mid-table after a poor league campaign.

"For me it's difficult to announce that I have ended my relationship with Lazio after four years," he said. "It's not an easy decision but one that I thought long and hard about.


"In recent times I have been aware that I was not at the centre of the tactical project of the club.

"I want to thank everyone at the club, especially the players.

"I think I have worked well in the past few years and I leave full of memories, the last one, the Coppa Italia title with almost 70,000 fans celebrating."

Rossi has been linked with a move to relegated side Torino this summer.

"I haven't signed anything with another club," he said. "I don't know what I will do but I don't care in which division I coach."

Source: Sporting Life

No comments:

Post a Comment