Monday 1 June 2009

[Mercato] Quagliarella joins Napoli

Italy international Fabio Quagliarella has joined Napoli from Udinese in a five-year deal.

Fabio QuagliarellaThe 26-year-old was Udinese's top scorer this season with 13 Serie A goals in 36 appearances for the Zebrette.

He will play under coach Roberto Donadoni at the San Paolo, the former Italy boss who selected Quagliarella to play at UEFA Euro 2008.


"I am very happy," said Quagliarella. "This is what I wanted.

"Napoli has always been my dream. I have always been a Napoli supporter. And today I am very happy because the dream has come."

Napoli endured a disappointing campaign finishing 12th in the Serie A standings, with 12 wins collected in 38 games.

The club's General Director Pierpaolo Marino said: "I am proud that Quagliarella is to become a Napoli player.

"I don't want to make any comments, I'll leave this joy to the fans. I thank President Aurelio De Laurentiis for putting together the conditions to close this deal.

"Fabio's desire to come has been decisive. He preferred us to other more prestigious teams. This is a great honour for us.

"We will sign other players. It will be a good transfer campaign," Marino concluded.

Source: Sporting Life

No comments:

Post a Comment