Sunday 24 May 2009

Zenga to leave Catania

Catania coach Walter Zenga has announced he is quitting the Serie A side after just over a year in charge.

Walter ZengaThe 48-year-old revealed his decision after his side's 3-1 win over Napoli in Catania's last home game of the season.

"This was my last game here," he said. "I'm not leaving because I have another club lined up. I simply talked to the club and at the end drew my own conclusions.


"I still have maximum respect for the directors and for the city, I have had a very intense experience here.

"It has been a good experience but good things sometimes come to an end. It's better to finish when things are going well."

Zenga insists he is leaving without any bitterness.

"There has not been any falling out," he continued. "I'm leaving somewhere where I always felt very good and who have given me a lot.

"It is a very hard decision because I had a great feeling with those I worked with.

"It's my choice and it has nothing to do with various rumours that have circulated about me lately.

"I hope Catania have a good memory of me."

Zenga joined Catania in April last year, leading them to survival on a dramatic final day of the season.

His last game in charge will be next week's trip to relagation-threatened Bologna.

Source: Sporting Life

No comments:

Post a Comment