Tuesday 26 May 2009

[Mercato] Juve seal Diego deal

Juventus have completed the signing of Brazil playmaker Diego from Werder Bremen in a 24million euro deal.

DiegoThe 24-year-old has penned a five-year contract with the Turin giants after undergoing a medical on Monday and will officially move to the Bianconeri at the end of the 2008-09 season.

"I am enthusiastic and delighted to be a part of such a prestigious club," said Diego, whose contract at Werder Bremen was due to run until June 2011. "I have dreamed of this moment since I was a child.


"After an experience in Portugal and in Germany and this is a new challenge for me in a very difficult and competitive championship.

"It's the right moment for me to move to Italy and I'm sure I will be able to win a lot with this club."

Diego, considered the ideal replacement at Juve for Pavel Nedved, will now return to Germany to help Bremen in Saturday's German DFB-Pokal Cup final against Bayer Leverkusen.

"I want to focus now on Saturday's final," he said. "I want to leave on a high note because it is thanks to them that I have developed in recent seasons in order to merit this new opportunity."

Source: Sporting Life

No comments:

Post a Comment