Tuesday 19 May 2009

Maldini unsure of future

AC Milan captain Paolo Maldini has confessed that he has no idea what he will do when he hangs up his boots at the end of the season.

The 40-year-old defender is set to finally end his 25-year playing career in the Rossoneri jersey and has been linked with a coaching role at the San Siro.

"I want to pull the plug out for a little while, at least until September," Maldini told France Football magazine.


"Only when I have had a break will I think about what I will do in the future.

"Will I stay in football? I don't know. I will consider what could be the best road to go down. It all depends on the offers that I get."

Maldini, who made his Serie A debut on 20 January 1985, appeared in his 900th Milan game against Udinese on Saturday and is set to finish off with his final home game against Roma this Sunday, and Fiorentina away on the final day of the season.

Italy's most capped player with 126 caps has won 7 Serie A titles, 5 European Cups and 3 World Club Cups amongst numerous other domestic and international trophies, and several runners up medals including at the FIFA World Cup in 1994 and the UEFA European Championships in 2000.

"Will I become a coach? No, coaching is the job that brings together all the things I don't like about football," he concluded.

Source: C4 Football Italia

No comments:

Post a Comment