Sunday 31 May 2009

Ibra hints at Inter exit

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has refused to commit his future to Inter and hinted he may be ready for a new challenge.

Zlatan IbrahimovicThe Sweden international helped Jose Mourinho's men to a fourth consecutive Serie A title this season and admits he has achieved all he can in Italy.

He finished as Serie A's top scorer ahead of Bologna's Marco Di Vaio and Genoa's Inter-bound Diego Milito, with 25 goals, and feels he has taken his career as far as he can at San Siro.


"It's good to end this way, It couldn't have gone any better," Ibrahimovic told Sky Sport following Inter's thrilling 4-3 victory over Atalanta on the final day of the season.

"The future? I don't know. If something is going to happen, it will be after this match. We will see, I don't know yet.

"I have won everything in Italy. When I arrived here many criticised me, saying I was a fantastic player, but I couldn't score goals.

"Now I have won the Capocannoniere title and proved myself. I could not have done any better than this. I have won five Scudetti, the Super Cup, I'm missing the Coppa Italia, but that's okay.

"I don't know what else I can still do in Italy, other than keep going and build a collection."

Ibrahimovic has been strongly linked with a move to Spain in recent weeks, with Barcelona and Real Madrid both believed to be interested in the former Ajax striker.

The Swede has done little to distance himself from those reports and admits he will make a decision regarding his future once the upcoming round of 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifiers are out of the way.

"We'll see. Now there are two internationals with Sweden and then we'll wait and see what happens," he added.

Source: Sporting Life

No comments:

Post a Comment